Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cold Weather

With this cold snap I ham having difficulty plating outside.  I am trying to encourage my strawberries out with a fish tank that I use to incubate seed with. I have a container with a plastic hood that i set the light on and I plant the seed in coves in the container and with a little water it creates a small ecosystem kinda. But with these strawberries they are getting the heat and light they need but the moisture is escaping and i think on of them dried out.  It important to make sure when plants first sprout in any container that it is kept moist as the close heat can dry out your plants in this delicate stage. Some are definitely finickierr than others.  I am worried about my asparagus tho. It has been a week since I planted 6 started root systems of asparagus I purchased through home depot and nothing has come up yet. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment